If you want to apply, please send an informal application for admission to doctoral studies or for "acceptance as a doctoral candidate" to the
Rector of the
of Administrative Sciences Speyer
The application is not bound to a deadline. Nevertheless, the applications should be submitted at the end of June or at the end of December, as the doctoral committee usually meets only once a semester (usually in mid-January and mid-July). At these meetings, the committee only decides on applications that are complete.
The application should include the name of the supervisor of the thesis, the title of the thesis and the pursued doctoral degree (Dr. rer. publ., Dr. iur. or Dr. rer. pol.).
Please attach the following documents to the application (§ 2 Para. 2 doctoral regulations):
- Your curriculum vitae
- Your university entrance certificate or a certificate recognised as equivalent (certified or presentation of the original)
- Proof of completion of a higher education degree (state examination, diploma, magister's examination (German university degree awarded mainly in the humanities) or master's examination or a higher education examination at least equivalent to the latter (certified or presentation of the original).
- Regarding your university degree, proof of belonging to the best third of the successful graduates of this final examination in the respective examination year or examination round
- A multi-page presentation of the topic of the dissertation as well as a timetable for the preparation of the dissertation. The presentation should show, among other things, that the dissertation to be prepared is an independent research work
- A police clearance certificate
- The following declarations (declaration form here):
- Declaration as to whether the applicant has already submitted a dissertation on the same or a similar topic to another higher education institution
- Declaration on all attempted and passed state or university examinations and on a dissertation topic agreed upon at another higher education institution
- Declaration on the doctoral degree sought with the dissertation
- Completed statistical questionnaire for the compilation of doctoral statistics pursuant to the Higher Education Statistics Act (questionnaire here)
- Declaration by an eligible member that he or she is prepared to supervise the dissertation, that its topic as well as the applicant are suitable for obtaining the doctoral degree, and the timetable is considered feasible
- Applicants who successfully completed their examinations abroad should submit their application for admission at least six months before the intended start of their studies, as the recognition of foreign educational credentials, carried out by the Central Office for Foreign Education (Zentralstelle für ausländisches Bildungswesen, ZAB), may sometimes take a very long time.